Econometric analyses and database management related to Principal European Economic Indicators
GOPA Luxembourg supports the European Commission, and in particular the Eurostat’s unit National accounts methodology, to monitor economic and monetary performance of the EU (Euro area, EU Member States) for the next 4 years via the Principal European Economic Indicators (PEEIs).
The following topics are covered by the Indicators:
- Balance of payments (Foreign direct investments …)
- Business and consumer surveys
- Industry and services (Industrial production, retail trade, turnover in services ….)
- International trade
- Labour market (unemployment, labour cost, job vacancies …)
- Monetary and financial indicators (Interest rates, exchange rates)
- National accounts (GDP, debt & deficit, investments, savings, consumption …)
- Prices (Inflation rate, house prices …)
GOPA Luxembourg mobilizes its expertise to ensure the regular updates of econometric analyses, data, tables and graphs based on PEEIs. In addition, we produce the monthly Eurostatistics publication to strengthen the dissemination of the PEEIs.
Finally, we manage and improve the PEEIs vintage database, “a statistical repository which archives data revisions and inflow of new data extracted from primary sources with vintages identification procedures.”*
By updating the online Business Cycle Clock, models for GDP nowcasting and certain models for selected key macroeconomic indicators, the project will overall enhance the quality of statistics.
**Image: Eurostatistics — Data for short-term economic analysis — 2020 edition — 02/2020